Patchwork Gifts Book Tour



It feels almost surreal to do a blog post after so long but a million thanks to Elise and Emelie for inviting me to join this amazing book tour! There’s so much happening in the world at this very moment and I wish to send super lots of positive vibes to everyone by making something beautiful from this book.

Showing you right away what I made over the last week.



I turned the “Fika House coasters and case” to a “Fika House zipper pouch”! This project speaks so much from my heart now! Being stuck at home everyday for the past two weeks is a great deal for me and kids. We are starting to enjoy the slow and easier life which brings us joy and peace each day. We treat our home as a safe shelter in every sense of the word. To us, a comfortable house filled with kindness and love is the most important right now.


My heart was full of gratitude when I was sewing this house project. I loved making the patchwork with all my favourite fabrics in earth tone. They made me feel grounded.



Handsewing was straightforward with the clear direct instructions and diagrams in the book. I had to add another column to suit my shortest zipper. And instead of attaching the roof directly to the house body, I handquilted them separately before joining them with the zipper. Lastly, a quick whip stitch to connect the back and front of the house.



This is how the coasters and case are supposed to look like. Way too pretty! I think I may just hide them in my drawer and not gonna use them at all.


Patchwork Gifts is a great book if you are a budding beginner or intermediate sewing enthusiast. Or anyone wishing to get a quick sewing fix especially now that we are all staying at home. Even though the projects are meant to be machine sewn, we can explore handsewing them too like what I did for this house zipper pouch. It’s completely handsewn!





There’s another project that I particularly like is the XOXO two-way lunch tote. It looks so useful and  gorgeous with the XOXO patchwork.


I will definitely make it someday.


I really encourage everyone to give a try on sewing something from this wonderful book. There are 20 projects in the book and I am sure you will find something you like to make for yourself or to gift to your loved ones. It’s always good to learn something new and stay curious to keep our moods lifted. Our homes will be alright and we will all be alright eventually. Keep calm and keep sewing. Also, take time to swing by to look at the projects done by all my talented friends in the above list. You may be inspired!

xx

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

PamKittyMorning said...

Your little pouch is so cute. I am inspired!

Patchakristel said...

Bonjour de France ! Cette pochette est vraiment adorable ! Bonne journée, @Patchakristel

jeux de machine a sous en ligne said...

Thanks for your passion and enthusiasm in writing this blog