My Pamela Pouch


This pattern is by my talented sewing friend Kristyne from Pretty by Hand and it's an really amazing one. When I say amazing, it means the instructions so easily understandable and follow. I could sew everything from the beginning to the end without stopping to think "hey, is there anything wrong?" Seriously, I'm pretty surprised by myself that I didn't change a thing about sewing for this pattern (I have a bad habit of not following instructions). My pouch looks just the same as the picture (except the embellishments and fabric choice) finally!




I've saved this pretty cheater fabric by Atsuko Matsuyama to make something for myself. It was the best choice for this pouch because I can't stop looking at it everyday.






Embroidery is something I would love to learn well someday. This fabric was great for me to practice!



The back of pouch has a different fabric placement. How can I do without florals?





I didn't realise the most of the zipper part will be hidden but this floral zipper peeking through looks just as lovely too.








I used a simple brown gingham fabric for the lining. It makes the pouch looks very Japanese and very zakka.



This pouch is now my sewing pouch! I carry it everywhere with me. The handles make carrying a breeze (especially from room to room in the house). Look at how roomy it is. I can stuff so many things in one small pouch. Just my ideal pouch size with a giant capacity and functionality.

Definitely a keeper's pattern! I'm all ready to make another one very soon!^_^xxx

You can get the pattern here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!