this week...

This week was a tough one for me. I needed a break from home and kids.

So I went to Ikea today to shop and enjoy a cuppa coffee all alone. It was a good time alone. I spent time to think about myself, my life and what went wrong. And I went home a happier woman clearer of what I wish to do in my life and how much I love my children. Kids are happy too to have their happy and fun mommy back.

Now I'm feeling so much better. And so much looking forward to the rest of the week and years!

Anyway, here are some things I did this week... very slow sewing.



I love this slouchy bag. It feels lazy, just like me. And this lunch shopping bag. It's simple and so functional.


My 5th block for Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long. This is the first time I'm not using Atsuko Matsuyama's fabric. Sorry for the crumpled and messy look. I was too eager to take this picture that I forgot to iron nor trim the thread ends.


Baby's breath bought from the market. I have made a promise to myself to buy fresh flowers every week to make our house happy and cozy.


Patchwork is my love! Working on a project to be shared real soon!


Aw... this is the project I'm going to share in tomorrow's blog post! Please come back and read what I have been up too!


Before I go.... did I forget to share what I bought from Ikea today? A big bad wolf fabric!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Michele O said...

we all need a break and time to ourselves! love your projects!

Francesca Cecilia said...

taking a break from the daily routine is good :)

go spotlight sale - there's 30% off fabrics ... that would cheer anyone up :)

Bridget said...

I just saw your blog post on fat quarterly and wanted to compliment you on the way you used the "compartments." I especially liked the grosgrain ribbon flowers. Brava!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

it's always a good thing to take a break when you need it. everyone is happier afterwards :) I love your patchwork. can't wait to see what it becomes!