Birthday Surprises

I love birthday surprises. Who doesn't, right?

jw surprised me with my favourite cake all the way from Japan. This cake is one of our most favourite and a must-eat whenever we go to Japan. It is made of many layers of crepes with an unforgettable lingering vanilla cream between the layers.I'm not sure of the name. Maybe can someone tell me?

This is a nice surprise. Plus a pretty gift as well.^_^

My 2nd birthday surprise is from my cheeky boy. He gave me the biggest shock by "flying" down a flight of stairs at the garden while riding on his toy car! I still have nightmares whenever I close my eyes! Now, his chin is terribly scratched with a slight chip in his front tooth.

This is not a nice surprise...

My 3rd surprise is babyY can flip (from tummy-down position) now! It came as a delightful surprise to me since she is only 3 and half month-old. I'm so happy!

p/s: thank you all my family and friends for all your well wishes and heartful gifts!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

XUE said...

Happy Birthday! I have 2 kids, am self taught in everything, loves Japanese fabrics, worked as an artist all my life. And we live in Tokyo. Have never seen this fabulous cake here though so I would be curious to know the name too. Reminds me of Kueh Lapis.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Wynn! Wish you all the best on this special day... Hope your life is filled with lots of love, happiness, and more crafting time ;) And poor little boy with the chin injury... Ouch! Take care!

Paloma said...

happy B-day Wynn!! What lovely surprises except for the little car accident. Hugs!

Fleurette said...

Happy Birthday Wynn!wish you the best. I've never seen that cake before, it looks delicious. Sorry about your sons injury - boys will be boys!

Karen said...

Oooh that cake looks good--since I"m in Japan now I will look out for that for sure!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Wynn. Oh the cutenees of you wee babes. They are lovely!!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Poor little guy! That cake looks SO yummy!

Eileen W said...

simply delicious looking cake!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! ZY fell????? My heart would hv pop OUT if I was there... glad to know he is still in his bubbly self.

YF looks so much like JW now ...

Let me know when I can pop over to yr hse this June.. to catch up as well as to delivery the BAG of clothes..

Take K, Ling.