new stuff for the shop

Busy with making new things for the shop. I'm really enjoying every minute of sewing.  





I wanted an iPhone wallet for myself so when I chanced upon Keyka Lou, I was thrilled. Michelle sells the most amazing patterns around. This is a basic wallet pattern. The instructions are extremely clear even for a complete beginner. I added padding, grosgrain, O-ring and a swing strap to the wallet. The wallet is so handy that I have been using it everyday for the past week!





I love coasters but I never get to use them in my house. Maybe I just don't like to dirty them. The above coasters are made from nine-patch blocks I sewed quite some time ago. My initial plan was to sew a doll's quilt but I think I may not have time to do it anymore after my "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" book arrives. So I use a round plate and cut the blocks up, added batting, backing and lace to turn them into patchwork coasters. The fabric used are mainly from Lecien Old New 30s collection.

I still have some more things to show but I need time to write. Only after kids sleep...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Keyka Lou said...

Your wallets are all so cute! I love all three and after seeing them on flickr yesterday, I was inspired to make another one myself.

Everything you make is adorable. Keep up the fabulous work!

verykerryberry said...

Looking at those coasters I can't wait to see how your Farmer's wife blocks go! Gorgeous

Wynn Tan said...

thank you pretties! I'm trying to get on the momentum of sewing everyday.^_^